Praxair 24 Juni 2005

On June 24, 2005, too hot an ambient temperature caused a gas cylinder filled with Propylene gas to blow off in St. Louis, Missouri U.S.A. Although there are no injured people, the damage is considerable. On the day of the accident, the temperature of more than 36/97 degrees was measured. By heating up the cylinder, the pressure which in turn became higher than the pressure generated by the safety valve. In all likelihood, static electricity has provided an ignition source. The subsequent fire and explosions took more than five hours for the fire brigade to get control over the fire.

Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *